Namibia’s desert is recognised as one of the oldest in the world with a vast array of wildlife on offer. While Namibia might not strike you as a safari destination, it is home to many endemic species as well as iconic desert adapted black rhino, desert elephants and lions.
Namibia’s entire coastline is now declared a protected reserve – the famed Skeleton coast runs from the northern Angola border to the southern border with South Africa. Scattered with shipwrecks and whalebones in the north and large encroaching dunes in the south; the coastline is spectacular and best experienced from up in the sky.
The highlights normally include Sossusvlei (famed red dunes), the town of Swakopmund and Etosha National Park to the north and shouldn’t be missed. However, Namibia is an amazing self drive destination for discovering many of its hidden treasures; different tribes unique to Namibia, moving dunes, the oasis of the Caprivi or an early morning hot air balloon over this magnificent landscape.
- Traveling to Namibia well informed and kitted is essential. From choosing the right car for your journey to adapting the route to suit your expectations; some expert advice will make a huge difference.
- Namibia’s vast landscapes have many hidden treasures, which we have spent time discovering. From stargazing on top of your own suite to the quickest route up to the dunes in the morning; we are able to turn great experiences into unforgettable ones.
- Our Namibian contacts spend every day learning, advising and discovering their own country.
- Whether you are traveling with your partner. family or friends; we are here for you.
- In Namibia it’s not one or the other; combining a self-drive 4×4 route with a guided safari and flying into remote corners of the country is possible.
If you are after wide open spaces, amazing night skies, culturural diversity and a land of adventure then Namibia is an absolute must!
Contact us if you want to know more about us or if you want The Safari Concierge to design the perfect itinerary for you. We are ready and waiting.